Physicians Choice® provides the highest quality, professional digital Live Scan fingerprints in a comfortable professional office atmosphere. Physicians Choice® offers both individual and corporate account services.
Physicians Choice® accepts all ORI Number(s) for Screenings, including the following:
- Department of Children and Families (DCF).
- Agency for Healthcare Administration (AHCA)
- Department of Education (DOE).
Physicians Choice® Fingerprinting Process:
Get Your ORI Number. This is the digital address the state uses to direct your results to the proper regulatory agency for review and you cannot be scanned without one. If you unsure of what your ORI number is… Your employer, licensing authority, or regulatory agency can provide you with the correct information. Due to the sheer volume of ORI numbers available and the fact that we cannot edit a submission after it’s been transmitted, we are unable to provide you with guidance related to selecting the correct ORI number.
Make the Appointment. We do not accept walk-ins; we only make appointments. Use our scheduling tool to the right to book the appointment or call us at 727-300-0063 Option 3 and we are happy to schedule the appointment for you. Online you select your preferred date, and then the available list of open appointment slots will appear. Select your preferred time and then enter your name, ORI number, phone, email. You will receive a confirmation email almost immediately. If you do not receive the email call us at 727-300-0063 option 3 to confirm the appointment.
Arrive at Your Appointment and Get Scanned. You will need at least one form of government issued identification, preferably a Florida driver’s license or identification card. You will also need your social security number and a form of payment. Payment information can be found under the “Pricing” section on our site. The entire process takes approximately 10-15 minutes. If your hands are clean with no visible dirt, it is not necessary to wash your hands before the appointment. Please refrain from using any hand sanitizer or lotions before your appointment as it may make it more difficult to get a good quality scan. If a photo is required for your ORI number, please have something to pull your hair back (if necessary) and be prepared to remove glasses or hats. Once completed, the scan will be submitted to the State of Florida Department of Law Enforcement for immediate processing, and you’ll be emailed a receipt with the Transaction Control Number (TCN) and other pertinent information. Please do not delete this email as it contains important information you may need to reference later.
Check Your Results. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement states that it can take up to 5 business days to completely process your results. You will not receive a copy of the results and you’ll need to inquire with your employer or regulatory agency as the outcome of your background check. Please bear in mind that we do not receive or review the results, and any inquiries regarding the scan or the results should be directed to the applicable state regulatory agency (DCF,AHCA, DOE) or the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (850) 410-8161 using the supplied submission Transaction Control Number (TCN).
We cannot submit scans to states outside of Florida, nor can we do scans for Carrying a Concealed Weapon or inked prints on paper.
Physicians Choice® Pricing and Refund Policy:
- The background check (ORI) fees are set by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and prices vary based on the ORI number being used for the submission. Because there are hundreds of different ORI numbers with varying costs that are constantly being changed and updated by the state, it’s impossible for us to list specific pricing for every ORI number. However, we can prepare you for your visit with a range of prices and probable cost based on your ORI number that your employer has given you.
If you unsure of what your ORI number is… Your employer, licensing authority, or regulatory agency can provide you with the correct information. Due to the sheer volume of ORI numbers available and the fact that we cannot edit a submission after it’s been transmitted, we are unable to provide you with guidance related to selecting the correct ORI number.
- We charge a processing fee of $45.00.
- Florida State & Local Tax (7%) is required.
We accept the following forms of payment:
- Visa, Mastercard, Debit Cards, Business Checks and Corporate Accounts.
- Business Checks should be made out to: Physicians Choice.
We do not accept the following forms of payment:
- Personal Checks, Cashier Checks, or Money Orders.
Our refund policy:
- We do not issue refunds under any circumstances once the scan has been submitted. Please be certain that the information you provided is accurate, as once it is received by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, it will be processed exactly as it was submitted and cannot be edited. Any credit card charge-back, or company check return will be sent to a collection agency you agree to pay all original fees, bank fees and a $150.00 Service fee will apply to all collection accounts.